16 February 2017

Kaya FC–Makati bolsters 2017 squad with more signings

Kaya FC–Makati adds more players to the squad with the addition of Jordan Mintah, Jalsor Soriano, Jayson Panhay, Patrik Franksson, and Marvin Angeles. As we stay true to our commitment to strengthening our squad, we are pleased to introduce our new reinforcements before we begin our first-ever national league campaign. They are a welcome addition to the growing Kaya family as we prepare for what promises to be an unforgettable campaign.
Jordan Mintah, from Kumasi, Ghana, started his football career in the Philippines with Stallion FC in 2014. Prior to moving to the Philippines, he successfully established and developed his career in Ghana at an early age, when he played for Ajax Academy in 2002. He also played for different clubs in Ghana—Volta Warriors (2006–2009), Kessben (2009–2011), and New Generation (2012–2013). He was due to join Kaya last season, but because there was no transfer window, the Ghanaian forward will finally make his Kaya debut this year in the upcoming Philippines Football League (PFL).
“Kaya is the best football team in the country, and I feel honored to be a part of this wonderful Kaya family. I am going to work hard and give out my best as a Kaya player to help the team win a lot of trophies. Again, I am looking forward to winning a lot of trophies with Kaya and to also qualify to play in the AFC Cup, which will be a dream come true for me and the entire wonderful Kaya family,” Jordan says.
Jalsor Soriano, from Negros Occidental, Philippines, may ring a bell because of his last name. The Talisay-born defender is the brother of Kaya player Janrick Soriano, and both learned to play football at an early age. In 2012, Jalsor kicked off his football career in Manila, when he played in the United Football League (UFL) with Pachanga Diliman, alongside Janrick. Eventually, he joined other UFL teams—Pasargad and Ceres-La Salle.
“I’m excited to play for my new team, my new family, Kaya FC! Masaya ako ngayon sa bago kong team, at nagpapasalamat ako sa Kaya FC sa binigay nilang tiwala sa akin,” Jalsor says.
The Soriano brothers expressed their sheer joy about being teammates again, and likewise, we are delighted with their reunion and their hunger to succeed at Kaya.
“Masaya ako na magkakasama kami ulit ngayon ni Janrick, at sa Kaya FC pa!”
Likewise, his brother and now teammate (again) Janrick felt the same way. “Super saya ko kasi naging teammate ko siya ulit, tapos magkasundo din kami sa loob ng field at sa lahat ng bagay. At kung ano man ang mali namin sa loob ng field, pinaguusapan naming dalawa para maging OK.”
Janrick even has a special message for Jalsor: “Message ko sa kanya, sana maging masaya siya sa bagong team niya. Alam ko naman na magiging masaya siya, at alam ko naman na gagawin niya ang best niya sa loob ng field kasi magkasama na kami ulit maglalaro.”
Jayson Panhay, from Negros Occidental, Philippines, had been playing for Ceres-Negros since 2012. The winger from San Carlos had notable achievements with his team during his time at Ceres—PFF Smart Club champions, UFL Division 2 champions, and UFL Division 1 champions, to name a few. We are delighted with his signing, and we hope he will demonstrate the same passion and loyalty in the upcoming national league and beyond.
“All I can say about Kaya FC is they’re very professional, and I’m very happy to be part of this club. I am looking forward to more games and more exciting wins with this club,” Jayson says.
Patrik Franksson, born and raised in Sweden, moved to the Philippines, where his Filipino roots can be traced all the way to Tacloban, in 2013. He started his youth football career in Sweden with Kode IF in 2001 and successfully joined and played for their senior team in Division 4 Göteborg A from 2010 until 2013. He continued his football career in the Philippines in 2013, when he joined Laos FC in the second division of the UFL. Laos had their first major success in the UFL when they were crowned the UFL Division 2 champions with an unbeaten record, consequently promoting the club to the first division.
The Swedish Filipino striker now plays for Kaya and gave us some thoughts on being part of the Kaya family, what he can contribute, and what he looks forward to.
“I’m very excited to start this journey with Kaya! It’s a very professional and organized club, and it shows all the way from the academy to the first team. They have a long history in Philippine football, and I can’t wait to experience what Kaya stands for and what it’s all about. The team and the management are great. Everyone seems to get along with each other both on and off the field. I think that’s important if you want a successful team just like Kaya.”
“[I think I’m] a different kind of striker. I’m not the biggest or the strongest striker, so I use more of my speed to cut and run behind or open up spaces. And hopefully my main contribution will be goals, of course.”
“[I want to] grow as a player and try to reach my full potential … I know I have a lot to work on and a lot to learn. The players, staff, and management, especially Coach Chris, have helped me a lot already, so I’m sure I’m in good hands and will get the right kind of training and support to reach my goals. And also, of course, to win the league!”
Marvin Angeles, born in Venice, Italy, is the twin brother of Marwin Angeles, who was also recently signed by Kaya FC. When he was seven years old, he joined Alvisiana Team in Venice. At 14 years old, like Marwin, he played for AC Venezia and started his youth football career. He later moved to the Philippines and made his UFL debut with Laos FC in August 2011 and joined Global FC in 2012. Prior to joining Kaya, he played for Ceres-La Salle and participated in international tournaments—the now-defunct President’s Cup, Singapore Cup, and AFC Cup. In addition, he was first called up to play for the Philippine national football team when he became part of the 24-man squad at their training camp in the United States in August 2012. Moreover, alongside Marwin, he represented the Philippines at the U21, U22, and U23 levels in the 2011 Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) and 2012 Hassanal Bolkiah Trophy.
“It feels great to be part of the Kaya family because they have good organization, starting from the first team till the youth. It’s a very ambitious and professional club too. I talked to Paul and Chris, and both want to win something this season. I already met the Kaya players, and they are all good guys,” Marvin shares.
“I think I can bring a little bit of my experience to the younger players and try to help the team in any situation as I can play different positions. I want to help the club reach their goals, but especially for myself, I want to gain back my confidence and win something this season.”


http://www.kayafc.com/kaya-fc-makati-bolsters-2017-squad-signings/

No comments:

Post a Comment